UPDATE: June, 2020
With the cancellation of most of the training funded by the Calendar Year 2020 Category 3 Training Subawards, and now that both FDA and other food safety partners are making the decision not to reschedule during Calendar Year 2020, following are the procedures on how and when to cancel or update your Category 3 Training Subawards:
- For all cancelled trips, please check to be sure that all reservations have been cancelled (Hotels, Airfare, etc.).
- For costs already incurred for funded travel that was cancelled, please submit for reimbursement at this time. Please make every effort to have charges refunded before seeking reimbursement; we will then make every effort to reimburse all costs that were not refunded. Remember to include dated documentation (emails, cancellation announcements, notices of jurisdictional travel bans, etc.) regarding cancellations and refunds (or problems getting refunds), to support your reimbursement request.
- FDA is open to considering alternative web-based training for CY 2020 (reimbursement of materials and registration fees only), as long as it is retail-focused and supports compliance with the Retail Program Standards. If you have any ideas, or would like to submit an official subaward change request, please do so at this time. Remember that any changes to your subaward must be approved in writing by AFDO in advance.
- If you will not be able to use the funding from your CY 2020 training subaward, due to changes in workload or other reasons, please reach out to AFDO and cancel your open CY 2020 Category 3 Subaward at this time. The Joint Advisory Group has decided that unused funding from CY 2020 Category 3 Training Subawards will not roll over for use into CY 2021. All jurisdictions will, however, have the opportunity to apply again for training funds for CY 2021, with the grant application portal scheduled to open in early September 2020. (Note: Category 1, 2, and 4 subawards can be extended into CY 2021 if necessary, with adequate justification and upon approval.)
- Last but not least, please reach out to the AFDO Grants Management Team as often as needed for assistance. Jenna, Melissa, Jessica, Mike, and Art can be reached at (850) 583-4593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck, stay safe, and reach out with any questions or needs.